Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stuffing is Love OR Out on a Limb in Limerick



Not an aphrodisiac? My stuffing? I beg your pardon! There is nothing that makes me want to rush off to the bedroom (to sleep) like four or five servings of my beloved stuffing. I personally opt out of dried cranberries, walnuts and other items fine in the context of fruitcake. Of course I respect the creativity of those who improvise, and will certainly eat! My own blend: A few bags of unseasoned bread cubes are the vehicle for about 250 times their weight in onions, celery and only slightly frostbitten sage and rosemary, some thyme, lots of black pepper, drippings, salt and schmaltz*.

There once was a woman from Granby
Who knew just how good stuffing can be
When jasmine and rose
Became dull for her nose

uh, oh... Help!

She chopped onions, then more
'Till tears flowed out the door
Then said: _________________________

Please finish the limerick with your comments.


* chicken fat - no offense to turkeys

1 comment:

  1. Then said: "Where can the switch for the fan be?"

    ReplyDelete